We are currently looking for Safety Ambassadors for both 2nd and 3rd shift in Waller, Texas.
Has your career focused around safety? We would love to have you submit your resume for a job as a Safety Ambassador to work with us. We are currently hiring for safety jobs in the Houston Texas area at our facility in Waller Texas.
What is a Safety Ambassador?
Our Safety Ambassadors are responsible for improving safety measures inside our labs by creating and maintaining high safety standards and expectations. We want to continually improve our work environment while establishing a positive safety culture. And to do this we need people to identify and correct potential unsafe conditions. In addition, identify unsafe acts, processes, and ensure employees are adhering to all Health & Safety policies. Our Safety Ambassador is a team player, results driven and compliance oriented.
Responsibilities As a Safety Ambassador
Safety jobs are a critical component of every manufacturing facility. We take safety seriously and are always looking for ways to improve. The Safety Ambassador works as a liaison between employees and management when it comes to matters of safety and health. We use established procedures. So, you will work in a designated location under immediate supervision to perform your assigned tasks.
Here are the responsibilities and qualifications you would have as a Safety Ambassador.
- Promote a safe work environment and a culture of safety. This is to reduce/prevent accidents and injuries. You'll work in partnership with leadership to achieve this.
- Perform safety audits, inspections, and evaluations to identify potential hazards. After you'll implement corrective actions in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Through continuing education and cooperation with the company Health & Safety department you'll ensure operations remain in compliance with new laws and regulations.
- Ensure adherence to regulations on health and safety in the workplace as well as ensuring that the facility remains in full compliance with OSHA and Environmental regulations.
- Conduct, lead, or advise/assist with accident investigations. Review safety incidents and notify leadership of results and recommendations.
- Create and maintain Job Safety Assessments (JSA’s).
- Assist Continuous Improvement Supervisor with the implementation and improve of 5S practices. 5S practices is a Lean Manufacturing Methodology.
- Assist with Continuous Improvement processes.
- Input, track and analyze accident information; identify trends, key problem areas, and provide KPI (Key Performance Indicator) metrics to detect improvements.
- Works within well-defined instructions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy including good organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- Comfortable coaching employees on improvements.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use good judgement with strong work ethics and integrity on the job.
- Computer competency – MS Office-Outlook, Word, Excel and additional database applications.
Knowledge of forklift/reach truck operations and safety protocols preferred but we do provide training for ideal candidates.
What is a Job Safety Assessment or JSA?
A job safety analysis (JSA) is a procedure which helps integrate accepted safety and health principles and practices for a particular task or job operation. In a JSA, each basic step of the job is tracked to identify potential hazards. Obviously, our assembly lines are continually looking for ways in which we can improve safety for those working assembly line jobs
. With a JSA you'll be able to more effectively recommend the safest way to do the job.
Safety Jobs We Are Currently Hiring For
We are currently looking for Safety Ambassors for both 2nd and 3rd Shifts in Waller Texas. Learn more about what it's like to live and work in Waller Texas here.
We are looking for those with at least an associate degree or equivalent work experience
As far as work experience, we prefer those with at least 2-5 years working in a safety job. Some basic knowledge of manufacturing safety protocols and practices including PPE (personal protective equipment) is also required.
Additional Safety Jobs
Of course our assembly line managers and supervisors all have an element required for their jobs. And we also have full time EMTs on staff. Click here to search all safety jobs.
And of course, you can always visit our dedicated careers website
to see all the job opportunities we have available here at Daikin.