Learn what it takes to be an effective project manager? And about our open project manager jobs Houston.
We are currently looking for senior level project managers to join out team here at Daikin. Our state of the art facility is located just outside of Houston in Waller, Texas
off highway 290 between Cypress and Hempstead. If you have a bachelors degree in engineering, are PMP certified and have at least 5 years experience we would love to talk to you about our project manager jobs Houston.
Responsibilities of a Project Manager
- Manage Project Tasks: Of course, responsibilities of a project manager include providing daily support for managing the delivery of project tasks, activities, milestones and resources. You'll manage the project requirements, track issues, and mitigate risks.
- Manage Budget: Our project managers manage the budget for their assigned projects. This means managing resources effectively and staying within scope of the project.
- Prioritization and Resource Allocation: An effective project manager can set priorities based on the project and requirements to ensure the best possible use of resources. Some projects involve cross team collaboration.
- Communication and Reporting: A key element in project management is detailed reporting. Senior management will want to be kept up to date on your projects so effective communication and progress reports are key.
- Interpersonal Skills: You'll be working with different groups so strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with teams and build relationships is important.
- Computer Skills: Of course, you will need to be able to use traditional Microsoft office applications as well as project management software to effectively track your projects and prepare requirements documents and status reports. Some of the software we use here at Daikin include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Mapics and Project Management tools. You should also have an understanding of application workflow.
- Leadership Skills: A project manager should have proven leadership skills. You will be managing a team of resources that look to you as a coach and mentor so you need to have a team-oriented mindset.
- Attention to detail and accuracy: it goes without saying that a project manager needs to be detail oriented to ensure all requirements of any given project are met.
Project Manager Jobs Houston
If you are interested in one of our open project manager jobs and you feel that you meet the criteria above we would love for you to send us your resume. Click the jobs below to learn more about the specific project management positions and how to apply.
Project Manager 2 - Waller, Texas
Senior Project Manager
More Jobs Near Houston
Our Daikin Texas Technology Park is is the third largest factory in the United States. It has a a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof. We are always hiring! To see of our open positions near Houston click here