Daikin is hiring several positions that do not require a college degree. Learn more about our current opportunities.
Not all jobs require a college degree. Let's face it, some of us are just more hands-on and want to get straight to work out of high school. If you prefer doing hands-on work than a desk job you have come to the right place. As a manufacturing company, Daikin has hundreds of great jobs opportunities that do not required a college degree.
Here are a couple of great jobs that do not require a college degree we are currently looking to fill. To see a full list of jobs with Daikin click here.
In simple terms, an assembly operator works on assembly lines to assemble complete units to achieve line cycle time demand. If you are task oriented and like working in a team environment, this may just be the perfect job for you.
Basic Requirements for an Assembly Operator
- You should have the ability to to work full time.
- Potential tasks may include, but not limited to: shooting screws, putting lids on boxes, scanning inventory, kitting parts, lifting and other general assembly tasks.
- You'll assemble parts and equipment as designated by assembly plans.
- We ask that you maintain your workspace in terms of organization and cleanliness.
- Communicate timely and accurately with co-workers and supervisors.
- Have the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to stand long periods of time, 8-10 hours a day.
- This job does requires physical labor and repetitive movement.
- Ability to move quickly and safely to meet proper production numbers.
- Have good eye/hand coordination.
- Other duties may be assigned to you by your supervisor.
- 1 year of assembly line, manufacturing, construction or distribution experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older. That's right, no college degree is required for this job
- Willing to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift; up to 7 days a week.
- Willing to work in a fast pace environment
- US citizens and permanent residents only
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work;
- Must be able to endure physical work for the full length of the shift
- Ability to pass in-house training program
- Must successfully pass background check and drug screen
A forklift driver will process material transfers within the warehouse and manufacturing areas. The vehicles you will operate include tuggers, sit down forklifts, reach trucks and more. Basic requirements are to load and unload materials and make deliveries to and from storage areas, assembly areas, machines and loading docks. Safety is of the utmost importance with this job so attention to detail is key.
If you would like to learn more about driving a forklift check out our Forklift-Simulator device. Daikin Texas Technology Park launched the Forklift-Simulator in 2018 which utilizes virtual reality software to teach employees how to operate a forklift.
Basic Requirements for a Forklift Driver
- Transport purchase and make materials with integrity and safety with the utmost importance.
- Ensure material is transported to correct locations for inventory accuracy.
- Ability to utilize the PKMS through RF scanning.
- Ensure loads are secure at all times.
- Ability to drive designated vehicles safely.
- Ability to complete LTL and Will Calls.
- Complete and turn in at the end of each shift all required paperwork such as: OSHA vehicle check sheets, schedules, and packing slips.
- Complete a daily Pre & Post shift daily equipment/truck inspection.
- Attend and participate in the daily safety meeting.
- Proper PPE and uniform must always be worn during each shift.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely, and safe manner.
- Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records.
- Work as one team, help each other, and strive to be world-class.
- A valid driver’s license required with a good driving record.
- 1 year industrial forklift experience operating within the last 3 years.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Be dependable and work well in a team environment.
- Must have adequate forklift skills & be able to learn.
- Must be able to read and write English.
Jobs for Veterans
Are you a veteran? We love hiring American veterans! In fact, we have an upcoming job fair just for veterans in the Houston area. It's June 10th, 2021. It's at Minute Maid park. Click here for more details on our upcoming Veterans Job Fair.